Everyone falls into financial hardship now and then. Shelter Ministries can help DeKalb County residents through the rough times by offering financial assistance in the following areas:
- Non-Narcotic Prescriptions
- Gas Vouchers for Medical Appointments
Clients should visit their Township Trustee’s office before filling out our application. Please note, submitting an application does not necessarily mean we will offer financial help. Each application is reviewed carefully to help you in the best way we think we can, for your future success.
Funding distributed to those who qualify comes from churches, Salvation Army, United Way, and individual donors. Please be grateful for their assistance.
- Tuesday 2:00pm – 4:00 pm
- Thursday 10:00 am-2:00 pm
(No appointment is necessary unless you are employed during those hours. If you are employed, and need to schedule an appointment, please call 260-925-9200, Ext 301.)
- Valid Photo ID’s
- Social security numbers of everyone living in the home
- Most recent utility bill (for utility assistance)
- Rental Affidavit completed by the Rental Agency (for rental assistance)
- Paperwork from Township Trustee
- Completed Application
Financial Assistance Application (4 pages)
Affidavit* (1 page)*Your Landlord must fill out and sign the Affidavit. Without the Affidavit, rental or mortgage assistance will not be considered*